Elections: 2015-2016 WRAP Officers!!!

Below are the descriptions that Nominees have sent in for themselves. Please read and consider them for when you make your decision. Elections will run from May 11 to 22.

President

Heather Noel Turner

As WRAP president I would make meetings efficient, fun, and catered. I would conduct administrative tasks effectively so no one else has to worry about them, and I would post hilarious things on social media, all of which would continue to make WRAP awesome. In addition to these skills I would bring to the position, I promise to change all the water fountains to Hawaiian punch, to make the vending machines free, and to have Ludacris preform at senior prom. Make me the face of your organization.

Recruitment

Wonderful Faison

The position of recruitment chair is a perfect fit for me as I have the skills, responsibility, and character for this position. I am dependable, but my biggest asset is the sincerity in which I take the position of recruitment chair. I believe in the work and the research that the WRAC department/program conducts here at MSU. As this department is the frontrunner in producing cutting edge research, it is important that all our recruits have an enriching, enlightening, and exciting time during their time at recruitment. I will make it my business to meet with the selection committee as needed and help make recruitment week run as effectively as possible

Les Hutchinson

I want to emphasize how honored I am to have been nominated for the Recruitment postiion. I feel this annual event is absolutely important to our program and discipline for the ways we seek to bring in emerging scholars doing critically significant work. I suppose my colleagues nominated me because of my enthusiasm for this event. And it is true; I take Recruitment very seriously. I was treated so well on my visit last year, and have sought to make sure the recruits this year had the same amazing visit I had. Though my recruit did choose another instituition (sadly!), he repeatedly told me that it was not due to my hostess capabilities. In fact, he mentioned that I was the best Recruitment buddy ever, and this evidence can be provided via text message if necessary. I would love the opportunity to take this position next year and will work diligently as ever to make sure our recruits have a warm, persuasively awesome experience. If you so choose to oblige me with this honor, I promise my time, attention, and sense of duty to this position.

Events

Mirabeth Braude

Why would I make a good events chair? Well, to start, I happen to like people, for the most part. I also like going to events, most of the time. In more seriousness, I believe I make a valuable nominee because I have become immersed in the WRAC department through attending WRAP meetings, going to planned events, forming friendships outside of the required meet ups, as well as working within the FYW program and WC. All of this involvement equips me with some knowledge about what people like to do and what they just won’t show up to because I’ve used my listening ears and observant eyes to find out what’s up and what’s out. To wrap up this paragraph, I think I also make a pretty decent nomination because I’m an extrovert; I’m a social butterfly; I’m a buddy bee; I’m an event elf; I’m starting to sound ridiculous. I’ll do a good job and probably won’t piss anyone off.

Heather Noel Turner

I have spent the past three years coordinating and facilitating events for writing programs and nonprofits. As Event chair, I would transfer those coordinating experiences to help WRAP get hype. More food, more laser tag.

Laura Gonzales

My approach to coordinating our events will be largely guided by my love for two things: my WRAP fam and 1990s/early 2000s pop music. I believe that with these two things (in addition to my skills coordinating doodle polls and google calendars) we will have a really fun year. Let’s have a year full of WRAP love and happiness bailando gozando y sudando

Professional Development

Heather Noel Turner

Because one of my personal goals is to make everyday work practices transparent, to determine what being a productive student, researcher, teacher looks like across experiences and contexts, I believe that I could do very relevant work for WRAP as the Professional Development chair. I have experience coordinating workshops, compiling resources, and have a working knowledge in a few specialized areas (web development, ~*DoCuMeNt DeSiGn*~, magic and taxidermy). I am a toolbox made human.

John Gagnon

I’d welcome the opportunity to serve as the Professional Development Chair due to my longstanding interest in and work around professional development issues in a variety of academic and nonacademic contexts. Building on the fantastic work of previous WRAP Professional Development Chairs, I envision proactively engaging with graduate students to assess professional development gap areas in order to enhance developmental opportunities and experiences

RWGAC

PhD

Sarah Prielipp

Victor Del Hierro

Mathew John Gomes

John Gagnon

Ronisha Browdy

becca hayes

Jack Hennes

MA

McKinley Green

Bree Gannon

Howard Fooksman

Good Luck to everyone!!!

Posted in Announcements, Professional Development, Recruitment, Social Events, Uncategorized.

4,840 Responses